In order to help reduce the contact between staff and patrons upon entry, Tony’s Pizza Events Center is implementing a Clear Bag Policy effective April 1, 2021. The new policy will allow for a speedier entry process, improve security and limit the need for staff to handle a patron’s belongings.
“We want all of our patrons to have a safe and enjoyable experience at Tony’s Pizza Events Center,” said Susan Trafton, General Manager. “Our team has worked together with the City of Salina and Saline County to put together a comprehensive plan to enhance the health and safety of every person who visits the facility.”
Beginning April 1st, approved bags will include clear tote bags up to 12” x 12” x 6”, one-gallon plastic freezer bags, or small purses or clutches not to exceed 8.5” x 5.5”. Patrons whose bags exceed these dimensions will be asked to return belongings to their vehicles. Along with large bags, prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Alcoholic beverages or controlled substances (unless prescribed for the possessor)
- Professional cameras, audio or visual recording equipment, radios, televisions or any other such electronic devices, except when authorized.
- Pets (Excluding Service Animals)
- Bottles, either plastic or glass
- Shopping carts
- Strollers or diaper bags
- Cans or coolers
- Outside food or beverage
- Weapons and dangerous devices of any type
- Items which may be used as a weapon or projectile.
In addition to the new clear bag policy, staff has installed touchless faucets and paper towel dispensers in all restrooms (self-flushing toilets were previously installed), automatic hand sanitizer stations, touch-free temperature scanners, as well as upgraded HVAC filtration and developed event floor plans that allow for social distancing.
For more information on Tony’s Pizza Events Center’s policies, please visit the Clear Bag Policy Announced at Tony's Pizza Events Center